Discover amiibo, a new way of interacting with your favorite Nintendo characters and games. If you play the NFC Wii U GamePad with the figure when playing certain games, the chip data will be transferred to the game for use in different ways. As you play, your figure data will also be updated, so while you play, your friend is becoming more unique.
- Touch the NFC point of the Wii U Gamepad with the figure and find out how it comes to life. The chip data will be transferred to the game for use in different ways.
- Unlike other lines of figures with technology NFC, you will be able to use the same amiibo in many games: how they are used will depend on the game.
- For example, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, you can transfer the data of your amiibo to appear in the game and train it to fight for you or as your ally or your enemy. As your amiibo struggles, he will develop his own unique abilities and attributes, becoming stronger and learning new moves.
- They do not need any additional accessories to operate on Wii U: they connect with the Gamepad. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be compatible with amiibo since the launch of the game.
- There will be more games available compatible with amiibo, including Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, Hyrule Warriors and Yoshi's Woolly World for Wii U, and more on the way.
- In addition to working with Wii U, amiibo can also be used with Nintendo 3DS and 2DS thanks to an accessory that is due to go on sale in 2015. Further details on compatible software for Nintendo 3DS will be announced in the future.